Working abroad?

U

unregistered

I am currently working 3 days a week in Spain on a contract which my company won. My company is a limited company. This work will go on for at least 3 months with me working and possibly sending others over for an average of 3 days a week. Do I need to or would it be advantageous to pay tax within spain and set up an office over there etc? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
EMcg

Your situation from a tax viewpoint is that an Irish company is providing services to a customer in spain and you are an employee of that irish company.
Spanish tax could only arise if either you were working directly for the spanish company and being treated as an employee or if your ltd company was tax resident in spain which it won;t be if it is an irish incorporated company.

The situation is no different than if you had won a contract
in ireland except depending on the kind of services involved you might not have to charge irish vat.

When companies get to the stage of needing to establish a permanent presence in another country they will do so through either setting up a branch or a foreign company.

There are tax considerations involved when choosing between setting up a branch or a company abroad.

Back