Wording to use on a work email (very post-wedding) party invite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clars1909

Hi All,

I'm getting married abroad next week, when we come back from honeymoon we're having a party in an extremely nice venue with a DJ, nice finger food and a normal bar.

I want to invite all the (20) people in my department at work with a group email (allowed - I checked!) but am having trouble with the wording. I want to convey that everyone on the email is welcome to come if it suits them. I want to make the nature of the party clear without sound cheesy (phrases such as "hubby-to-be" aren't getting in.) That its an apres-wedding, but 3 weeks after the fact, and that while the venue is beautiful, it's more a fun party than a formal wedding function.

Any websites I came accross just seems to have wording suggestions for formal wedding afters invites, or for the details needed on a formatted invitation. I wanted something clear, somewhat funny but not making too light of the wedding itself.

I should mention that I have one or two very close friends at work which I've invited already, but this email will be for the rest that I don't know all that well on a personal level - tricky!

Any suggestions very welcome!

Last edited:
Hi guys, as you all know by now I was married on the .... August. We are now having a party for all friends and colleagues to celebrate the wedding and we would love to see you all there if could make it!

Details are:

I would just keep it short and sweet, doesn't have to be formal

Hi Ney001, thanks for that its quite snappy - but wouldn't I need to say something about the dress "code" just to advise party gear rather than formal or black-tie - would people normally guess? It's just that when Its wedding related I think it's confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back