Woodford in Stillorgan?

H

Hadoc

Anyone know the area?Looking to buy there...Property prices have doubled for houses here since the luas at sandyford..what is the estate like?Noise level,traffic at peak hours etc
views appreciated!

Don't know estate but I live close by and I know Stillorgan is okay. Years ago it used to be a little village and was more upper market than even Blackrock but then they built the Stillorgan Dual Carraige Way right through the village and they built the shopping Centre & plaza (now cinema) and that ruined the village look.

Very very busy, traffic wize, especially at lunch time. Only 15 - 20 minute walk to Blackrock and Sandyford.

Current shopping centre will be redeveloped (eventually!) so Stillorgan should be a lot nicer in years to come. Also the bowling alley and the nightclub that used to be Blakes, is being redeveloped.

There is Glenalbyn Sports & Leisure Club nearby with a swimming pool. Some nice coffee shops & restaurants.

Woodford

Having lived in Woodford for the past 30 years I can honestly say that I do want to move. The infrastructure in the area now is second to none. 100 yds away you head to M50 which will take you to anywhere in the country in jig time. The LUAS stop is 10 minute walk from my house. The local shops, pub, etc are 15 minute walk. The houses themselves are well buit, well insulated and the rooms are well proportioned. In relation to the village itself, it will be some time before the plans for redevelopment are considered again. But when they do it will add a wow factor to the area.
I hope this answers some of your queries.

Back