Withdrawal Laser Card by Bank of Ireland.

dewdrop

I have only now realised that Laser Card is an Irish based card and was wondering if it is accepted by ATMs abroad.

Laser (debit card) - Wikipedia

According to wiki: In late October 2010, Bank of Ireland announced they were ceasing their involvement in the partnership in 2011[2].

^ Maguire, Adam. BoI to replace Laser card with Visa Debit. The Irish Times. 2010-10-29. URL:[broken link removed]

The new card will be accepted anywhere that a Visa card is accepted i.e. most places.

Probably not. Many people don't realise that the charge to the retailer for Laser is lower than any other card. That is probably why Lidl and Aldi only accept Laser.
Retailers are unlikely to be happy about the change and may react.

Aldi/Lidl accept Visa debit cards. Ulster Bank have been replacing their cards for the past year or so with these

No, it doesn't need it. A Visa Debit card will work in any ATM with the Visa logo on it, worldwide.

sorry maybe i didnt make myself clear, with the laser card with the cirrus sign the money withdrawls are free ... in atm machines where the cirrus sign is.

Only within the Eurozone countries. Same with any debit/ATM card issued by an Irish bank. Outside the Eurozone, a charge will generally apply

thank for that my card is from boi,my sister claims that her tsb debit card always incurs a charge when she is in the eurozone area

Back