Wise - Change in USD Accounts

Wandering_Dazed

Just wondering what operational change caused Wise (TransferWise) to change their US account and routing no.s?
Screenshot_20231013_232711_Gmail.jpg

As I have been travelling to the States and the UK recently, I was about to top up my USD balance and then got an email on the above.

Thoughts? (I have asked Wise same)

Got the email earlier this evening and dismissed it as a scam email.
Not a scam alright, or also get a fat pop-up message in the wise app.
Looks like they have moved bank - previously Evolve Bank and Trust in Memphis, TN; and now they use Community Federal Savings Bank In Woodhaven NY.
Hence new account and routing numbers.

My money would be kept in a bank where fraudulent is mentioned 10 times in the reviews. You're appetite for risk is higher than mine.
I guess not, as I don't keep (much) money in wise accounts for any extended period - essentially only using it for transfers and conversion.

Recommend reading their T&C's & FAQ to assess how you use their services based on your risk appetite.

For US moneys: https://wise.com/help/articles/5toC...us-entity-wise-us-inc-protects-customer-funds
For our customers sending money with Wise or holding money in the Wise account in the US, in keeping with US state obligations, we protect our customers’ funds in a mix of cash in leading commercial banks and investments in secure liquid assets, primarily government bonds. We also keep your money separate from the money we use to run our business.

Here’s an overview of where we predominantly hold customer money in the US:

TypeInstitution
Cash DepositGOLDMAN SACHS BANK USA
Cash DepositJPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
Secure Liquid AssetsUS Government Bonds
We hold funds in cash with the banks and in assets that are deemed low risk and highly liquid in order to diversify risk and maximise liquidity. We take this approach to make sure your money is highly liquid and therefore always available to you.

Your Multi Currency Account is a payment account and is not a bank (deposit) account. You acknowledge that the Belgian Deposit Guarantee Scheme does not apply to your Wise Account. However, we follow the requirements under the EU Payment Services Directive 2015/2366 (PSD2) and the PIL which are designed to ensure the safety of funds held in payment accounts like your Wise Account. For further information on how we look after your money, please visit FAQ.

Presumably related to Wise's change of bank, I'm unable to get Wise USD account details, to perform a transfer of USD to Wise. In the USD account it just says 'No account details available yet'. And when you click further;

We've temporarily stopped issuing USD account details to new personal Wise accounts. We're working to fix this as soon as possible. This change won't affect you if you're using Wise Business, or if you already have USD account details on your personal Wise account.

Has anyone heard of if/when this is expected to be fixed by Wise by any chance? With Revolut IBAN issues it makes USD transfer options limited.

Logged in and see exactly that. Quick Google search and reviews for that bank are not good. 2.5 out of 5 with some of them quite concerning.

Lightyear USD accounts also use Wise's new bank (Community Federal Reserve Bank). Confirmed by looking up the LY ACH routing number online. Makes sense as LY was formed by early Wise employees (an LY customer service rep also told me he used to work for Wise) so the two companies are still closely intertwined. They also have the same wire fee structure/amount. A potential source of concern for LY depositors, perhaps.

Hello, I am facing a significant challenge: wired domestically to Wise recently deactivated USD account. Wise reassured that the money would bounce back in 10 days. It's been 15 days, and no sign of the money. Wise claims no funds received; I've submitted payment proof. Wise is pointing to the sending bank, which confirms the wire is complete. Anybody else dealing with this?

Hi guys,

Could anyone please help with this? I have sent big amount of money & more than a month to this Wise closed account & no progress, please anyone advice for help.

Thanks

Hello... I've just realised this problem - my account details were changed and 2 big payments have been sent to it. WTF Wise!!! I didn't see the email - why wouldn't they send a notification through the APP?!?!?!?! I'm so angry.
Did anyone received on their original USD account or we really have to ask out clients to re-send!?

Hello... I've just realised this problem - my account details were changed and 2 big payments have been sent to it. WTF Wise!!! I didn't see the email - why wouldn't they send a notification through the APP?!?!?!?! I'm so angry.
Did anyone received on their original USD account or we really have to ask out clients to re-send!?
I received notification by email, & in app (as far as I remember), that money had been to transferred to my closed wise a/c, and that it was being returned to sender. I had to ask client to resend to new account details.

Did you ever get it back?

Back