Windows in a new house!!

C

claire81

hi hoping someone can help me. myself and my partner are living in a 3-bed semi which will be 2 years old in april.bought it new from a well known cork developer.anyway just wondering do we have any comeback with either the builder or window company.prob is with the window in the main bedroom.the whole thing is covered in condensation which is causing black damp mouldy stuff to form.doesnt seem to happen in any other room.i'm guessing the seal thing is broken.i just dont think its acceptable for this to happen when they are only 2 years old.anyone any advice??thanks

is nt there a 10 year home bond on new house for such things,, or else just break it and get one on insurance,,,:):):)

is nt there a 10 year home bond on new house for such things,, or else just break it and get one on insurance,,,:):):)

Oh clonboy....that would be fraud.

Homebond only cover structural issues any way. If there is no ventilation , and no heat in the room, you could conceiveably get the same results, especially if it was a north facing wall. A damaged double glazed unit tends to show surface moisture near the crack or seal damage, not always the entire unit.

sabre

As stated above, poor ventilation and / or heating may be bringing out the condensation.

But what are the possible sources of condensation?

e.g. one or more of these:

Is this room the only one with people sleeping in it? Two people would give off a fair bit of h2o in case you haven't thought about that.

Do you dry clothes on a rad / clothes horse?

Do you have an unvented en suite with shower? Or is the extractor fan broken / not used?

Damp towels?

Also:

you say its covered in condensation - is that between the panes or on the pane that is internal to the bedroom?

Back