Will I receive the OAP part of my pension at 60 years?

japester

I'm purchasing notional service to enable retirement at age 60 with full 40 years service. My query is whether the OAP part of the pension will be payable from 60 or would it be just the other part of the pension with me having to wait till 65/66 for the OAP portion.

You'll get half your final salary when you retire. Don't know how they operate it, but you won't be waiting for "the rest" of your pension until 65/66.

I should have mentioned that at the

website, I had received the following response, which triggered my original query:

If you retire at age 60 you would receive a once off tax-free retirement gratuity of €75,000, less the deduction of any outstanding contributions. You would also receive a pension of €12,983. Your pension would be paid in arrears on a fortnightly basis. Based on your Class A Social Welfare status, you may also be entitled to a Social Welfare contributory Old Age Pension from age 66, currently €12,017.05 per annum. If through no fault of your own you fail to qualify for a Social Welfare benefit, you may be entitled to a supplementary pension.

Back