Will i be refused a mortgage?

J

joyster74

Hi, any comments appreciated.

Myself & my partner have been renting for nearly 5yrs now, it's time to buy. We've a little saved, so went for a 100% mortgage, we got initial approval for 195k based on earnings etc. However, i'm really concerned over an outstanding debt that I have. A previous partner left me with close to 10k debt. My own fault really, loan was in my name. I've been fighting to get him to pay 1/2 but am having no luck, so am clearing the balance myself to get it cleared. Issue is this, the lenders solicitor advised that my mortgage application is under threat, will be refused. I've not been to court and was unaware of any judgement against me. Lenders Solicitor has advised that there is one from almost 5yrs ago.....i got letters but never went so far as court. Question is this...how do i get a judgement cleared?? Please help, I really dont want this to jepordise buying a home.

Hi Joy,
With 100% mortages each lender has different rules, but few things they always check is like monthly repayment should not be more than 40% of ur monthly earnings. And your annual income should be more than 60k, etc.. I went through same procedure recently, and they tend to be picky, but if you do your homework right u may get it.
Best of Luck
Regards
Rav

Back