Will his JSA payment change when I go back to work?

Mel84

My partner is on JSA and in work placement through FAS. We have just registered as cohabiting. As far as I can make out from the letter he just received the social has cut his payment in half because when we registered as cohabiting I was in receipt of Disability Benefit on a week by week basis while being off work sick and they automatically half payments when a partner is in receipt of a SW payment. They were made well aware that I am in employment as they had 12 months statements of my account that my wages go into. My question is when I go back to work do we contact the DSW to say I have gone back and am no longer in receipt of DB so that they review his payment amount or would they have actually taken into account that although I was in receipt of a SW payment I am in fact employed?

You will get a much better response to your question if you the title of your post in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Any responses to posts with vague or meaningless titles will be removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be deleted.

Brendan
Administrator

When a couple each have a DSP claim, if one person is on a benefit (PRSI-based) scheme and the other is on a means-tested scheme, the maximum amount that can be paid is the same as if one person was claiming for both partners. As you are currently on Illness Benefit, your partner's Jobseeker's Allowance (which is means-tested) is the one that's reduced.

When you return to work, your partner should notify his local office, at which time his entitlement will be means-tested based on your wages. As it appears you have supplied salary details, the means test has probably already been carried out.

Back