Why is generic sugar precisely €1.19/kilo everywhere in Irleand?

ajapale

Dunnes, Tescos, Supervalue, Aldi and Lidl all have own band sugar at €1.19.

This has been the case for over 2 years now. Prior to this generic sugar was 83c everywhere.

Dunnes, Tescos, Supervalue, Aldi and Lidl all have own band sugar at €1.19.

This has been the case for over 2 years now. Prior to this generic sugar was 83c everywhere.
Get out of the big multiples.... Available widely in my part of Donegal in small mini markets and garage forecourts for €1

bought gem sugar, yesterday in fruit n veg shop in athlone (golden island), 99cent. They have 18 eggs for €1.99 and yet see so many people buying eggs in tesco in same shopping centre, very expensive prices.

Yes,thanks, my local gala occasionaly does sugar at 99c/kilo. Dealz also occassionally do 99c/kilo sugar.

But isnt it weird that own brand / no brand sugar costs exactly 1.19 at Dunnes, Tesco, Supervalue, Lidl and Aldi. And that this has remained rock solid for the last two years!

Up until Christmas generic milk was €2 for a 3l container in Dunnes. 66c/l this was cheaper than anywhere else. Its now €2.19 for a 3l container.73c/l

But its the price of sugar that intrigues me!

If generic sugar is produced by Gem, an Irish Company I would be interested to know where they get their sugar from. We closed down all our sugar/beet factories many years ago

Over 10 months later and (generic) sugar is still precisely €1.19 a kg everywhere lidl, aldi, dunes, tescos and supervalue. Only exception is gala at 79c / kg and Deals at €1.19 for 1.25 kg!

I'm not taking sugar anymore for last 11 moths and I"m happy with it. I mean tea or coffee. No more sugar. Back to basics. Less processed food and more natural stuff.
It's all fixed anyway. What's the difference between Tesco, Lidl, Aldi?
It's just few the same persons behind all of them

99cents for a 1kg bag of granulated sugar in Iceland.......(the supermarket that is,and not the country)

Dealz and EuroGiant are about the best bang for buck at the moment..........1.25kgs for 1 euro 19 cents.

Tescos own brand granulated sugar is down from 1 euro 19 cents to to 1 euro 9 cents for a 1kg bag

A 1kg bag of Siucra Graunlated Sugar is 75 cents in Costcutter Shops at the moment.
Not too bad a price at all there.

Back