Who should survey damage ?

ZEGAR

I recently had a water leak in the house..Visually all the paint on the walls downstairs is peeling off from about 1 foot up from the skirting boards as the wather is making its way up the walls ,this I assume will affect the skirting boards.
Also the part of the door jams at floor level are discoloured..Assume these may be damaged.
The tiles have grey grout which has turned dark grey and are damp..The water seems to be lying on the plastic covering of the foundations and the only way out is up.

The insurance company has asked me to submit a quote but I am unsure who should survey the damage.
Will a builder just quote for the visual things or would they be able to foresee potential problems with the grouting getting wet and the door jams getting wet ???

Insurance company will only appoint a loss adjuster on the basis of the quote for the damage. If it's substantial they will get 'their' adjuster involved.

You have the option of appointing your own loss assessor to submit your claim for you but it's going to cost you.

Back