who owns the house now

L

lionus007

my grand father sold his house over twenty years ago now it seems the person who bought it has tried to sell it and the deeds are still in my grandfathers name and he has no proof at all that he actually bought the house in the first place there is no paper work or anything else to prove it was slod at all.

my grand father sold his house over twenty years ago now it seems the person who bought it has tried to sell it and the deeds are still in my grandfathers name and he has no proof at all that he actually bought the house in the first place there is no paper work or anything else to prove it was slod at all.

You seem to be stating as fact that your grandfather did actually sell the house, in which case its a question of morals before anything else IMHO.

if the person has been living in the house rent free for 20 years then surely they would have squatters rights?

Do you have a specific question?

Back