Who is the "boss" in a public health centre?

ClubMan

I wish to write to the most senior person in our local health centre to thank and specifically commend two of our local public health nurses for their excellent support and assistance since birth of our son a few years ago. Anybody know who is the ultimate "boss" in a health centre to whom I should address the letter?

Afaik Health nurses and health centres are under the aegis of the HSE. In my area the Health centres come under the Local Health Office but I seem to remember our local health nurse (who was also excellent btw) saying that she was employed directly and not through the Local Health Office. You could pick one of the people [broken link removed] and ask them to pass it on?

Thanks efm - that's a useful page. If I can't identify anybody more appropriate then I will address it to Ray Mitchell and ask him to have the comments passed on as deemed necessary/appropriate.

Due to the ridiculous complexity in the HSE, it is unlikely that anyone in your local health centre has clinical responsibility for the public health nurses based there.

There will be a health centre manager who will be responsible for cleaning, security, phones, computers, non-medical supplies, etc. but this person will be clerical.

There will be doctors based there but they have no managerial function in relation to the nurses either.

Why not ask the nurses who their line-manager is? - probably a clinical nurse manager at a different location.

There will be a health centre manager who will be responsible for cleaning, security, phones, computers, non-medical supplies, etc. but this person will be clerical.
Thanks - that might also do for the purposes required.

Clubman, you could address your comments re the PHN (public health nurse) to the Superintendent Public Health Nurse, who is the PHN's immediate supervisor. They are usually located at the community care hq which covers the health centre the PHN is based - e.g. Quarry Rd Health Centre is covered by Community Care HQ, Rathdown Road.
You could phone Dr Steeven's Customer Care - 1800 520 520 and they may be able to give you the Sup. PHNs name.

Back