Who do I write to on death of state pension recipient?

Lauren

An aunt of mine just passed away and I'm dealing with her affairs. I've just looked at www.welfare.ie and the instruction for notifying them of her death is to return her PPS card to the office that deals with that benefit. I have no idea where that is. She was a widow in receipt of widows pension. Do I just write to her local social welfare office or is there a central dept I should be writing to?

An aunt of mine just passed away and I'm dealing with her affairs. I've just looked at www.welfare.ie and the instruction for notifying them of her death is to return her PPS card to the office that deals with that benefit. I have no idea where that is. She was a widow in receipt of widows pension. Do I just write to her local social welfare office or is there a central dept I should be writing to?
You should write to department of social protection, pensions office, Sligo with a copy of the death certificate etc.

Phone Widow's pension section Sligo (Contributory or Non-Contributory whichever is applicable) immediately so that they stop her payment. Follow this with a note and a copy of her death notice from RIP.ie. Make sure her PPS number is on each page and date of death.
Death certificate is not required as long you supply notice from paper or RIP notice

Back