Which VHI (health insurance) plan would best suit a female,25,single, no dependents?

proon

A friend of mine is trying to get her health cover organized. But VHI and healthcare plans in general are rather confusing, they all give, but it seems to me that they give with one hand and take away with the other (and you will end up on a trolley anyway!). Some have an excess others dont, some with day-to-day health care covered (perhaps with an excess), others not. Some private hospitals, some not, public with semi private rooms etc etc, anyway you get the picture…

With the vast wealth of knowledge out there, would someone be able to advise me as to what VHI plan would best suit a female, 25, single, no dependents?

Would you recommend First Plan Plus or Plan B or something else?
Much obliged,

try vivas
for the same price of a basic plan on VHI you could get the day to day costs covered with viva (dorctor visits etc)

I guess it depends on what kind of cover your friend is looking for. Most of them seem to cover you in a hospital, but different hospitals are covered on different plans (I don't think vhi's new plans cover the blackrock hospital for example). And some of them give cover then for every day stuff like the gp and all.

This is something from vhi's website about how plan b and first plan plus compare - [broken link removed]. It seems to be aimed at people that already have plan b but it should help.

Also have a look at the hia's comparison. It's kinda heavy reading, but it seems to give a snapshot of what's out there at the moment - [broken link removed]

Hope it helps.

Re: Which VHI (health insurance) plan would best suit a female,25,single, no dependen

There are people who believe that health insurance for young fit individuals is a waste of money.

Except perhaps fit individual females who may need maternity cover imminently.

Back