Which of the four Irish banks offer DRIP?

Protocol

I bought shares in the 4 quoted Irish banks.

AIB, Anglo, BoI, ILP

Does anybody know if any of them offer non-cash dividends, i.e. more shares instead of cash dividends?

I have looked at the Investor Relations section of www.aib.ie and www.boi.ie but see no sign of them.

Neither AIB nor BoI have offered a DRIP plan for a couple of years now. I can't speak for the other two.
[Post crossed with Protocol's second one]

only problem with drips is the resulting tax returns - takes more works keeping track of every little share purchase and then returning when you sell a block of say 500, 450 purchased at x, 5 at y, 6 at z ............ and so on

I have shares in BOI, held in a custody A/c, and recently got a letter from them saying they had been informed that shareholders in BOI could have their dividend paid in either cash or shares, tick box A or B sign & return.

Neither AIB nor BoI have offered a DRIP plan for a couple of years now. I can't speak for the other two.
[Post crossed with Protocol's second one]

Incorrect information - BOI definately offer shares for dividends. Don't know about AIB.

BM

An update.

I have now been offered shares instead of cash for my Anglo Irish Bank dividend.

ILP dividend - cash only

BoI - cash or new shares.

I'm surprised ILP are'nt offering new shares instead of cash. Supposedly they're the most dependent on the capital markets for funding.

I'm surprised ILP are'nt offering new shares instead of cash. Supposedly they're the most dependent on the capital markets for funding.

I ve held shares in ILP for years. Every time I went to an AGM there was always somebody down the back of the crowd who would raise the issue of DRIP and the CEO + management would always tell them it wasnt going to happen.

Back