Which games console ?

C

comp40bir

I am thinking of buying a games console for my husbands birthday (40+). We have none at present and have small kids (so I would probably hope to use it for the whole family too!). So would you go for an XBOX, playstation or WII? Any suggestions welcome.

If he likes to watch films i'd say the play station as it has the advantage of Blue Ray discs for movies.

It all depends on what he wants it for. Wii can't play dvd, the other 2 can.

Online playing is easier with PS3 and Xbox 360.

But Wii is more fun play with a group but graphics are well below the other 2, its goes for a different market to be honest.

I would definitely recommend avoiding the Wii - as a 26year old I tired of it very quickly as the games aren't as good as the others and the novelty of the controls wears off quite quickly.

I am thinking of buying a games console .. have small kids (so I would probably hope to use it for the whole family too!).

For the family - got to be a Wii, especially if your children are too young for shoot-em-up style games.

For him - if he would be drawn to the games that would be unsuitable for the children.

You know best ;) !

go for the wii, its a console that anyone can use and enjoy, theres good family entertainment in it. PS3 or XBox is for someone who is a bit more into thier gaming. So if he's not really into gaming in a big way the wii is your answer.

personally i have a ps3 and a wii, cant remeber when i last used the wii. PS3 is used quite often.

Back