VHI Which family policy to move to?

lindae1

hi there,
the family cover which we had with VHI is due to expire on Sep 30th as my husband has moved job following redundancy. We were all covered on a VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1, which is a really good policy but very expensive...my husband and I are both 51 and the children are 16, 14 and 11. All of us are in good health and non-smokers.
Ideally we would like to stay on a VHI policy but it needs to be a cheaper one than this one.
Can anyone out there suggest a reasonably priced plan?

Thanks, Linda

Hi lindae1,

The following 2 plans with VHI are worth considering for the adults;

1. VHI PMI 37 13; price 1114pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered as before, private/hi-tech excess 100 per admission. Limited day to day cover.
2. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1131pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission. good
day to day cover included.
[broken link removed]

Half price offer upto 31 October 2016.
Best value for children with VHI as follows; One + Plan; price 137 per child; public, private and hi-tech hospital covered, excess 125.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Start saving the price of insurance and go Private. If you don't get sick often you could have a nice amount saved for any future health issues. I paid around 1K a year for 10 years and never use VHI once. That would cover most health issue and you could always go public for something needing more money. I wish you health.

Gar32

thanks to you both for responses.
Snowyb, you mention half price offer up to 31 Oct, which plan is that on?
The 2 adult policies you mention both seem very pricey - are there any cheaper, decent value policies on offer?

Thanks a lot, Linda

Adult Options
Cheaper plans with VHI, will have less hi-tech hospital cover, ie just Beacon hospital, no Mater Private or Blackrock Clinic cover and a higher excess
payable if admitted to a private hospital for a stay or day case.
Two options as follows;
1. One Plan 150; price 948pa; public, private and Beacon Hospital cover, 150 excess.
2. One Plan 250; price 848pa; public, private and Beacon Hospital cover, 250 excess.
[broken link removed]

If you don't want to lose any hi-tech hospital cover, the following options with Laya Healthcare are worth considering;
1. Flex 250 Explore; price 949pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, 250 excess per admission for surgery or treatment.
2. Flex 375 Explore; price 822pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, 375 excess per admission for surgery or treatment.
3. Flex 500 Explore; price 721pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, 500 excess per admission for surgery or treatment.
[broken link removed]

Glohealth alternative option;
1. Kick Off Plus; price 825pa; public, selected private cover. 300 excess per admission for surgery or day case.
[broken link removed]

Childrens Options; VHI are best value for children at the moment.
The half price offers are for children only with VHI until 31 October 2016.
Note; children can be insured with VHI on their own, if adults want to switch to another company.

One Plan 250; price per child 120.
One Plan 150; price per child 122.
One Plus Plan; price per child 137.
[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Back