Where to sell 50cc Scooter - apart from Buy & Sell

DaveD

Any suggestions on where to advertise a 1 year old 50cc scooter for sale. I've had it in Buy & Sell for a few weeks now (at least I think I have as the website make you wait a few days for ad approval) without a single call.

I know CBG.ie has a motorbike section but it seems to be mostly for "real" motorcycles.

Is there a motorcycle dealer or shop who buys bikes for cash?

Did you try selling it back to the garage you bought it from ? Or maybe try Delaney's in Harolds X ? And there's one or two scooter shops in Inchicore and off Cork St. if you check the goldenpages.

About 12-18 months ago the market really dropped for scooters, the insurance prices shot up to €1500/2000 for young people on scooters, and for some reason scooters don't seem to be that popular for over-30s. I tried selling my 8 month-old bike worth €2K back to the garage I bought it from & they'd only give me 800, and they really didn't want to buy it coz they didn't think they'd be able to sell it. In the end I kept it.

Include a good pic. and post on buyandsell (€4.50).

A good ad on carzone cists €30 incl. pic.

I posted up a car there last Tuesday evening, albeit a very good one at an attractive price, and got 3 calls on it almost immediately. It was sold within 24 hours.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, ads placed on both For Sale forums on Biker.ie and Boards.ie

I understand the insurance issue for younger riders these days, hasn't been a problem for me for a while.:)

Back