where to now

M

millyet

I was involved in an accident earlier on in the year. The other person was charged with dangerous driving and I was informed by the Gardai that he produced insurance documents. Now six months on and after numerous letters to Italy by the solicitor it appears that he dose not have any insurance as the company which he supposdly worked for say they never heard of him.
I did not claim on my own insurance
will PIAB pay the other members of my family that where injured (not seriously) or will the whole thing be at a stand still
The guards probally cant to anything now as he will have left the country at this stage I imagine

I don't know for sure but would assume that Italy has their own version of the Motor Insurers Bureau - which would settle out you car. I would have thought that the only way to get compensation from the idiot who hit you was to sue him/her personally, unless Italy have the equivilant of PIAB too. Is your brief based in Italy or in Ireland?

contact the MIBI. they will appoint an insurer to investigate and handle the claim in the first instance. I am surprised that your solicitor did not do this for you. Do you have registration number of offending vehicle and the insurance details that were produced?

Back