Where to Find Sellers Address on eBay ??

P

pod

I've just bought something on eBay, but in the sellers terms & conditions, it states that he does not accept PayPal, so payment must be posted.

Is the sellers address stated somewhere on the eBay webpage which lists the item?

Or is the sellers address listed in the e-mail received from eBay stating that I have won the item?

I can't find it...

The seller should send you an invoice via email. Physical addresses are rarely listed in the seller's profile. You should get in touch with the seller directly if they don't contact you first.

I know some people are critical of paypal, but it would still be my preferred method. I would be slow to send a check or credit card details (!) to an unknown seller.

ebay is all about trust. That's why they have a feedback and rating system for all buyers and sellers. It would not be normal to send credit card details to any seller (if they accept cc's it would usually be through paypal or another intermediary). However, depending on the size of the purchase I would also be reluctant to send cheques to someone with no feedback.

But I've made dozens of purchases on ebay ove the year and I've never been burned.

Make certain he is expecting you to send a cheque or draft. This would be quite unusual, and if he is outside Ireland, he may incur extra bank charges when lodging your payment.

Back