Key Post Where is the best location/city to apply for bankruptcy in the UK?

Steve, last question out of these three areas (Rhyl Wales, Mold Wales or Bristol) which would you suggest would be the easiest and quickest, I am using yourself and just want to make sure as I have to start next week earliest? Kind regards

There is no quickest, (leaving Liverpool, Manchester and poss London aside)

All three above are quick and painless. Choose somewhere where you would LIKE to live and can get back to Ireland from cheaply and quickly

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

There is no quickest, (leaving Liverpool, Manchester and poss London aside)

All three above are quick and painless. Choose somewhere where you would LIKE to live and can get back to Ireland from cheaply and quickly

Those two points should also be added to the key post on bankruptcy. People are constantly asking where to go, now they know.

Thanks for the reply and information, this is a great thread for the many that are in a financial straight jacket for many years. Therefore, thanks to all contributors. Very last question, do you have to complete 6 months before applying? or have any of you seen or heard of it been done quicker?

Kind regards

There is no set time scale, no matter what urban myth you hear.

I only take people thru on five months or more because of feedback from my own personal hearings in court. Don't forget I go to court with each of my clients. I take them thru the process from moving from Ireland to the UK to going to court, to dealing with the OR, no on else in Ireland does. If they don't you are not getting the whole service.

You must make sure you take proper advice. My advice is 5 months at least in the UK so as not to pee off the OR or a Judge

Steve Thatcher
[broken link removed]

Many thanks for the reply Steve, I was just wondering if you could go through it faster. I will be using your good self, we have talked before. I am currently looking for a job and accommodation in Bristol, fingers crossed it happens soon. Would you advise still going over at present even before you get employment, does a month your relocated looking for work still count within the 6month COMI etc? Incidentally, i have chatted with you previously and I will give you a call this week!! Kind regards

Yes your time in the UK setting yourself in and looking for work counts. It is the being here and living and spending money here which counts.

Steve

Thanks Steve, just to clarify; in my previous post above you answered regarding the best locations, do you mean that the 3 you mention were painless(Liverpool, Manchester and poss London) or the ones I suggested (Rhyl Wales, Mold Wales or Bristol)?

Three in London this week

I have three clients presenting in London this week. We will submit witness statements straight off with all of them to see if we can get bankruptcy orders straight up.

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

client 2 went thru for €8.3

client 3 has to come back in two weeks.

London again this week and Reading

Colchester and Newcastle next week

Steve Thatcher

Hi everyone, thank you for all the advice on this thread, it is a great resource.
Is there any update on the situation with the judge in Northern Ireland? I am a single woman, born in UK, previously lived and owned property in Belfast but moved to the Republic. Now I am looking to relocate back to Northern Ireland for bankruptcy or would I be better moving to another part of the UK?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone, thank you for all the advice on this thread, it is a great resource.
Is there any update on the situation with the judge in Northern Ireland? I am a single woman, born in UK, previously lived and owned property in Belfast (sadly now repossessed) but moved to the Republic for work reasons during the Celtic Tiger. Now I am looking to relocate back to Northern Ireland for bankruptcy of a Rep. of Ireland property. Is it best to move before repossession or after? Or would I be better moving to another part of the UK?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

There is plenty on here if you search about NI. There are couple going at present, it seems as if the Judge is now looking at each application before she even allows it to be listed.
If you genuinely move, live and work, you should have no problems

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

Thanks Steve, your advice is appreciated. I've read all the posts on here but the Judge in Belfast worries me! I will be in touch soon, thank you.

Back