Health Insurance When do I claim from Laya?

Kimmagegirl

I don't think that I have ever personally submitted a claim to Laya Health Insurance for GP or Consultants bills. Last January I had to visit a consultant and the cost was about €160 for the visit. I understand that I can claim all or part of this under my policy terms and conditions.
Do I submit my claim immediately or do I wait until the end of the year and lump together all my receipts and then make a claim?
Thanks

I literally put through the claim the same day I get the receipt on the app, it's extremely easy, one of the better systems in my opinion.

A lot of receipts are now being issued digitally as PDFs, you can upload PDF copies of the receipt on the Laya suite or app so even easier!

If you want to be clever about when to claim - you need to look at your out patients benefit limit.
If you think you will have a lot of claims and will breach the limit, it makes sense to FIRST claim for stuff that isn't covered by Revenue's Tax Credits refund scheme - such as spectacles, routine dental, chiropractor (to give some examples). And then claim for stuff that is covered such as GP, Consultants, Hospital Excesses.

Do I submit my claim immediately or do I wait until the end of the year and lump together all my receipts and then make a claim?

How to make a claim​

You should send your claims to us as soon as possible through the Laya App or using an out-patient claim form. We will not pay for any benefits unless you submit your receipts to us within twelve months from the end of your policy year. If your receipts are not received within this timeframe, your benefits will not be paid.

Thanks. I don't want to use an App. Is it possible to submit a paper based claim?
You can claim via the website member area, don't need app on phone.

You can claim by post but be aware of the below. Also the risk of losing receipts in the post :(

If you prefer to submit your claims by post, you can find our everyday medical expenses claim form. You can only claim at your renewal if you choose to claim by post.

Thanks. I don't want to use an App. Is it possible to submit a paper based claim?
Reading replies first can avoid the need for unnecessary questions.

If you prefer to submit your claims by post, you can find our everyday medical expenses claim form. You can only claim at your renewal if you choose to claim by post.
Thanks Odyssey06.

That is the helpful information that I was looking for.

I prefer to submit my claim the old fashioned way, so I will most likely wait until my renewal date when I may have other receipts available.

When we were getting refunds during Covid I remember I received a payment direct to my Ulster Bank account. I think these old details are still on their system. Is it possible to change my bank details online or do I phone them about this?

Thanks Odyssey06.

That is the helpful information that I was looking for.

I prefer to submit my claim the old fashioned way, so I will most likely wait until my renewal date when I may have other receipts available.

When we were getting refunds during Covid I remember I received a payment direct to my Ulster Bank account. I think these old details are still on their system. Is it possible to change my bank details online or do I phone them about this?
You can change your back account through the online Member Area.

It's under the Header "My Claims."

look for "Claims bank details."

A popup appears displaying the last 4 digits of your IBAN.
You can amend the account number on this popup by the looks of things.

Back