What is Schedule of Assets?

thimble

Can anyone tell me what document is meant by the 'Schedule of Assets', in the context of inheritance/probate? Is it the Inland Revenue Affidavit, or the Inheritance Tax Self-Assessment Return (IT38), or something else entirely?

I presume it's a list of all the items inherited, but I'm wondering which one!

I assume its what is comprised in the Deceased's estate. Which goes into the Inland Revenue Affidavit. What a beneficiary inherits may only be a portion of the estate.

mf

Thanks mf1. So it's just this particular lawyer's own term for (probably) the list of the deceased's estate in the affidavit, as opposed to an official term for something? I wasn't sure whether there might be an actual form/document called the Schedule of Assets.

Schedule of Assets is the term used by the Revenue, and generally, for the list of assets / liabilities in the deceased's estate.

"So it's just this particular lawyer's own term for (probably) the list of the deceased's estate in the affidavit"

Many lawyers, especially older ones, colloquially refer to the Inland Revenue Affidavit document itself as being a 'Schedule of Assets'

Back