What does this symbol indicate?

Caveat

Hi

Noticed this icon at the beginning of some thread titles - In between the envelope icon and the thread title - thought at first it was some kind of notice/sticky but it doesn't seem to be.

Anyone know what the significance of this symbol is?

Thanks

I don't think so. This symbol appears, on it's own, in a separate column, between the envelope symbol and the thread title.

This is full of them for example but elsewhere you might only see it occasionally.

The problem is that some forums have the "Post Icons" feature enabled and others do not. Ideally they should all have it disabled since AAM is configured such that posters cannot choose special icons for new threads in any case so for forums with Post Icons enabled the default icon above will be used automatically. The feature is sort of pointless generally and certainly so in the existing AAM configuration where users cannot choose a thread icon. I or somebody else will go through the individual forum settings to ensure that Post Icons are disabled for all of them.

The problem is that some forums have the "Post Icons" feature enabled and others do not. Ideally they should all have it disabled since AAM is configured such that posters cannot choose special icons for new threads in any case so for forums with Post Icons enabled the default icon above will be used automatically. The feature is sort of pointless generally and certainly so in the existing AAM configuration where users cannot choose a thread icon. I or somebody else will go through the individual forum settings to ensure that Post Icons are disabled for all of them.
Done. Thanks for pointing it out. That inconsistency was something that bugged me too and it was only on your prompting that I finally investigated and figured out the cause and fix.

Back