What books do you recommend on reading before I invest in property in the UK?

WeeFlower

I want to do my homework first, before investing in property in the UK. What books would anyone out there highly recommend for my research?

Can I ask why you want to invest in the UK when interest rates are so high, average value to earnings at a rediculous 6-7times and rental hardly covering the interest on a mortgage let alone pay off the capital?

The UK is at the top of its cycle, IMO you are way to late into the UK.

There was once a time when people could buy a UK property, have a mortgage paying off the capital and earn a living off the extra. Those days are over.

The UK property market reminds me of a bubble like the tech stock crash of 2000. Its far too late in the day to be getting in.

I want to do my homework first, before investing in property in the UK. What books would anyone out there highly recommend for my research?

The Bible?

How about yer one Beenys' books? http://www.amazon.com/Property-Ladder-Sarah-Beeny/dp/1844032795/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-0256048-3982465?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180638264&sr=8-2

the dummies book on buy to let is best i have seen
think it is called renting out your house for dummies
very detailed and informative

Am interested if there are any more recommendations; trying to do some research on purchasing a small property for my daughter who is intent on attending Uni in UK.

Possible locations are Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool; she needs to have an offer first though.

Trying to do research from here is proving tricky - is there an equivalent UK site to this one?

Try

www.singingpig.co.uk

but I would agree with ringledman.

Having said that I expect lots of distressed sellers of two bed flats in city centres to appear by the autumn. Might be worth your daughter renting for 6 months whilst you wait for a 'bargain'.

Back