"Welcome" banner for returning Emmigrants

Noilheart

I have relatives coming from Australia and US for a holiday, its been a long time and I would like to give a big welcome. Does anyone know where I could get a banner saying "Welcome Home" , something like the birthday ones you can get. Also any other suggestions would be welcome, regarding trips to arrange for them etc. They are young people by the way, also a couple with a baby of 19th months. I have made a cake and will put it with some food as well in their rented house.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely idea, to make the rented house so welcoming :)

I haven't seen any readymade 'welcome home' banners, but I did find this 'create-your-own' version: [broken link removed]

Alternatively, you could make your own, if you're handy with pencils/markers.

With regard to trips, what you could do is go to the nearest tourist office and pick up brochures for anything that you think might suit your relatives, and leave them in a folder in the house.

PS Attention Ajapale: sorry to be so pedantic, but there's only 1 'm' in emigrant ...

Thanks for that link it looks good, yes I could make my own banner with tape and some coloured card threaded through also. I will also put the lelaflets in the house and let them do the thinking about where they would like to go.

As regards my mis-spelling - I used to be excellent at spelling but I have lost it as I got older but also I care much less about it now and am happy if people understand whay I am trying to communicate. But I do think we shouldn't let our attitude to language/spelling become completely careless and textspeak-ridden, if you get my drift.

Thanks very much for your time.

You're welcome :)

By the way, your spelling is perfect - It's Ajapale, who edited your thread title, who is the one that can't spell :p

Back