Water funds

digdeep

I've heard a lot of talk recently about water as a solid commodity investment (no puns on liquid assets please!!!). Has anyone heard of how best to approach this. ie what sort of breakdown of water related assets within a fund should I be looking for?

there was some guy on the late late show recently some guy from england who made a million through investing he was a banker,but he was going on the big thing will be water!!!but your going to have to wait 20 years to see your profit

There is an ETF that trades on water related investments in the US. The stock ticker is PHO. Google it and you should be able to learn more. I have no idea if it is good or bad.

there was some guy on the late late show recently some guy from england who made a million through investing he was a banker,but he was going on the big thing will be water!!!but your going to have to wait 20 years to see your profit
If you mean Mark Shipman, in his book from last year he mentioned the Water Transportation sector which was a good call. Over the past year it has a return 5 times that of the S&P500. Some stocks in the sector have doubled and one has risen over 800%. It was a good call he made.

As regards water ETFs, also look at CGW, it's a relatively new one.

Back