Waste Water Treatment Systems

Macs

Looking for advice/experience on waste water treatment systems, I have basically trawled through the Internet and at present I am awaiting costs and schemes from a number of vendors.

But my problem is they all sound good but what should I be looking for ?

Is it a low BOD is 30 really that different to 15, and how about SS and NH3,running costs, maintenance, do I really need all the maintenance, cleaning that the vendor suggests.

What are the planners typically looking for ?

Normally when we apply for a permission for a client where these issues are raised, we advise the client to retain a competent civil and structural engineer who deals directly with the council on his behalf,

If you're trying to deal with thsi as a self-builder you need an experienced firm and biocycle are one I would recommend. They aer one of the dearest, but they offer a good service. Skimping on somethign as essential as a wastewater treatment system will come back to haunt you.

Alternatively, if you have the site for it, you might consider a reed bed system, but these are quite expensive to set up, install and keep working correctly I understand.

No doubt someone else on AAM will correct me on this if I am in error.

ONQ.

Back