waiting time to hear back from solicitor

You might get more traction by making an appointment and paying for that time particularly if its complex situation. Solicitor could be getting loads of emails from various people and it may be extremely time consuming to respond to all of them.

You might get more traction by making an appointment and paying for that time particularly if its complex situation. Solicitor could be getting loads of emails from various people and it may be extremely time consuming to respond to all of them.
I rang to make an appointment and was told to email as much details about my case as possible and they would be in touch

Yes they need a certain amount of info before you can even make an appointment so they can rule out conflict of interest or work out if they would have a capacity or be a fit for the case

My experience is they normally review the broad nature of the query and get back with a "yes, we could take this on, an initial consult to advise on options etc is 400 for the hour" or "no, we don't have capacity, try ms/mr X instead". In both cases you get a response so you know where you stand which is just basic good business imo

Definitely just give them a follow up call or if possible drop in and ask if its makes sense to setup n appointment and if they've reviewed the info.

Yes they need a certain amount of info before you can even make an appointment so they can rule out conflict of interest or work out if they would have a capacity or be a fit for the case

My experience is they normally review the broad nature of the query and get back with a "yes, we could take this on, an initial consult to advise on options etc is 400 for the hour" or "no, we don't have capacity, try ms/mr X instead". In both cases you get a response so you know where you stand which is just basic good business imo
Charging €400 an hour is indeed very good business. I wonder what other businesses would be on par with that sort of charging rate top consultants maybe?

Back