Voluntary Contributions

construct_06

Was away for summer on round the world trip, so i rang up voluntary contributions (social welfare) and asked to have voluntary contributions paid for me when i was away, eg. out of employment. i left my job in june and started a new one in September.

Now i have a bill from voluntary contributions of €780. Is it really worth my while paying it. i think it will only come into play for my oap pension and wont count for health benefits.

Also am i entitled to any dole money while i was off work?

Was away for summer on round the world trip, so i rang up voluntary contributions (social welfare) and asked to have voluntary contributions paid for me when i was away, eg. out of employment. i left my job in june and started a new one in September.

Now i have a bill from voluntary contributions of €780. Is it really worth my while paying it. i think it will only come into play for my oap pension and wont count for health benefits.

Also am i entitled to any dole money while i was off work?

you can claim the dole (jobseekers benefit in newspeak) if you are genuinely seeking work. If you were travelling around the world, it is unlikely that you have entitlement to dole.

Back