Vodafone / Verizon Sale

And it arrived today. The form is actually printed with my address from years ago (four addresses ago, the last one I remembered to update them with until recently) and there was just a sticker with my current address stuck on the window of the envelope. It's just a standard A4 envelope with a white Form of Election: Return of Value 2014, the envelope to return the form in, a terms and conditions booklet, a Vodafone branded "Return of Value to Shareholders, A Guide for Shareholders" and the larger document which is the full, official proposal.

Just coming in very late on this whole issue...have shares , probably got documents, then threw the documents out not realising the importance of filling in the form in order to benefit from the sale.
Only realised last night, from an article in one of the local papers, that the deadline for your preferred option is 20th this month.
So rang this am, they are going to send out duplicates, but touch and go whether I can return them before the deadline (one o'clock next Thursday).

I'd need to have the envelope sent by DHL or similar by next Wednesday morning at the very latest, so it looks like I might be too late.
So, the default mechanism then kicks in, I understand. You can then receive payment but lose half of it in tax?
From memory, the article in the paper said that if you did get documents returned in time, that option B. was the best bet in terms of losing out the least.
Anyone any thoughts on that?
I apologise in advance if some of these issues have already been discussed, just thought I'd get the very basic facts just in case I do have to fill out the forms in a hurry!

And it arrived today. The form is actually printed with my address from years ago
Have you had your dividends reinvested in buying extra shares all these years or had the dividend cheque been going to this old address?

Have you had your dividends reinvested in buying extra shares all these years or had the dividend cheque been going to this old address?
No, I hadn't signed the dividend reinvestment forms unfortunately. I started a separate thread (Dealing with Vodafone shares after moving several times and no contact for years) in case anyone else had the same issue. They've sent me a dividend cheque for the first couple of years I missed as it's in sterling. The dividends since they switched to issuing them in euro will be transferred to my bank account.

So, the default mechanism then kicks in, I understand. You can then receive payment but lose half of it in tax?
From memory, the article in the paper said that if you did get documents returned in time, that option B. was the best bet in terms of losing out the least.
Anyone any thoughts on that?

AFAIK, the actual payment value from Vodafone will be the same in both capital and income options.

The income payment is taxable, but I don't think it's taxed at source by Vodafone.

As all former Eircom shareholders are still losing, there is no capital gain.

Apologies if this has already been asked. Is there an email address where shareholders can contact Computershare? I was on hold to them this morning for half an hour and am not in a position to phone again today. Many thanks.

I lost my share certificates and all docs re my vodafone shares. Is there an easy way to get them reissued so that I can avail of this offer.
I assume my address at the time and date of birth etc will help
Any assistance appreciated

Stupid question:
What is the address to which we should return the "form of election: Return of value" form?
There is a pre-paid envelope that came with the pack, but it doesn't specify if that was for the meeting form proxy documents or the return of value forms.
Thanks in advance,

Pack not Received

I am in the same boat as other posters, trying to update address with Computershare.

They told me that they posted out packs on 20 Jan, never received. I rang them again ten days or so ago, and they promised to send out another set. Nothing yet. I reckon if they don't arrive today, I have no chance of getting them back in time.

So my question, how will the Revenue know whether I have elected for capital (which I will if the form arrives in time) or income (which will be the default if it doesn't). If at tax return time I say capital, then are they going to check all the hundreds of thousands of Irish shareholders against the Vodafone records?

Btw the Vodafone handling of this has been, as one of the Sunday papers noted, brutal. Guess they don't care.

Thanks.

I am in the same boat as other posters, trying to update address with Computershare.

They told me that they posted out packs on 20 Jan, never received. I rang them again ten days or so ago, and they promised to send out another set. Nothing yet. I reckon if they don't arrive today, I have no chance of getting them back in time.

So my question, how will the Revenue know whether I have elected for capital (which I will if the form arrives in time) or income (which will be the default if it doesn't). If at tax return time I say capital, then are they going to check all the hundreds of thousands of Irish shareholders against the Vodafone records?

Btw the Vodafone handling of this has been, as one of the Sunday papers noted, brutal. Guess they don't care.

Thanks.

I have been onto them several times now and am in same boat. They told me they would send them First Class last Tuesday and nothing. Was told the week before that they had been issued on 28th Jan only to be told last week that they were never posted. Appalling service. I don't believe they have been issued at all

Hi I am in the same boat as other, never got a pack (TBH I may have, Vodafone send that much circulars that it may have been dumped with them). So at this stage I can't select anything. I have about 1200 shares, does anyone know what is the default implications for a small holding like this?

Does anyone know how long it takes for the postal system to deliver a letter from Ireland to the UK ? I cant find an answer on the an post website.
Thanks

Only received one Pre paid envelope, it was for the proxy meeting.

Po box number is BS99 6BF. Form of Election needs to go to BS99 6AR.

I sent mine yesterday afternoon Express Post International - costs €9 (but worth it - serves me right for ignoring this until I saw the Saturday Irish Times article). I post and receive stuff regularly from the UK and it takes 3-7 days normally but can take 10. Send it Express Post today and it should arrive by Thursday 1pm. You don't have to use the envelope they send. The mailing address is on the forms.

PS. I should say that they estimate 2 working days but won't guarantee it - still your best bet at this stage imo.

Mine were posted out on Friday and I was told they would arrive today. But no sign. Guess I wasted Friday trying to get through to Computershare.

I've just been on to them once again to be told that 3 packs were issued to me at my current address but I've not received any of them even there is no problem with any of my other post. Too late now to avail of any options - was just given an address I could sent a letter of complaint to

Back