VHI VHI Renewal PMI 35 13

Mama Jam

Hi
I am looking for some advice. I am coming up to VHI renewal and am very confused.
I am covering myself and my husband - both in early 50s in good health.
Also 3 young adults aged 20,21 & 23 -also in good health.

I live south of Dublin in the commuter belt - so am interested in access to Blackrock / Beacon / St. Vincent's private. Currently 4 of us are in Company Pan and eldest 23 year old in One+ plan.

I have now been told that there is better value than Company plan cover so have been recommended PMI 35 13.
I am not sure if I should put the entire family to PMI 35 13 or just myself and my husband and put the young adults to one plan +.
I want decent cover for ourselves and minimum cover for the younglings!
Any views welcome.

Hi Mama Jam,

Welcome to AAM.
Firstly the best option for the young adults is VHI One Plan. Prices 371, 505 and 703 respectively.
Same cover as One + Plan, just slightly cheaper.
[broken link removed]

For the 2 adults, while VHI PMI 35 13 is a good plan, with good day to day outpatient cover, because you are both over 50 yrs VHI impose a
1 year waiting time before you can avail of this extra cover. It also has extra hi-tech cover including the Beacon, Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private,
St Vincents Private was already covered on your current plan. If you have any pre-existing conditions, there will be a 2 year wait just in respect of these pre-existing illnesses. All new illnesses are covered straight away. In other words, if you don't have any pre-existing illnesses, there is no waiting time to serve for the extra hospital cover. Price per adult 1238pa.

An alternative option with just the extra hospital cover, no day to day cover is VHI Plan 37 13; price 1079pa.
If you don't have that many gp, consultant or dental visits annually, it may be worth considering.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back