(v.) Basic ROS Q. on Medical expenses

DreamingOf

Hi all,
I recently joined ROS system online (as I was told I could possibly receive money back from Revenue for Medical expenses).
I have logged on, and clicked the year I wish i.e. 2008. Under Health Expenses, I see a box next to 'Other Medical Expenses'.
I just want to ensure I put in the correct figure so what do I put in here?
Is it a total of all the bills I have?
(I assume it is, but I just don't have a clue, I assume I don't have to make any type of calculation myself..)

To help make this clear:
For 2008, I have 3 bills 150; 120 and 118 (Total = 388).
Is it correct to put 388 in this 'Other Medical Expenses'?
(I see then that this Total figure 388 then goes to the bottom under a heading Gross Relief Due)

By the way, how much can one expect to receive on this?

Hi,
I am not sure why the box is "other Medical Expenses", and as I have already claimed this, and I cant see the form that you are filling out.

In general, you enter the total amount of bills (388 in your case).

You should receive approx €77 tax credit (20% of the bills).

Thanks huskerdu

I clicked on 'Claime Health Expenses Tax Credit for 2008' and the form has from top:
non-routine dental expenses
(Please note: you are required to fill in and retain a Med 2 form)
Approved nursing home fees
Other medical expenses
Medical expenses refunded.

When I click 'Help' next to 'Other medical expneses' it says "e.g. Consultant's fees, Doctors fees, Prescription drugs etc." -> so that is where I am filling it out.

Am I filling out the correct thing?

By the way, I assume I don't need to fill out any other form or send anything further through?

Thanks again huskerdu
Apologies for the v basic question.
To me it all looks complicated. Hopefully once I do it once, I'll be au fait with it all...

Thanks again

Back