Urgent advice needed on SW entitlments

ASH83

Hi All, I am hoping somone on her may help me.
I have been temping for a number of months but the role ended last week and was planning on signing on for the first time in my life tomorrow as after taking maternity leave 2 years ago my job was made redundent upon my return. That not hitting us hard enough my Husband was diagnosed with a rare condition forcing him to leave his well paid role for a lower paid job, but his wage was keeping the mortgage paid and esb on none the less. He has just called me to tell em that himself and 11 work mates that all started togther have been let go due to cut backs. We are now devestated as we have barly been keeping our heads above water. We both have never claimed social welfare before and we need advice on what we would be entitled to and if anyones knows what a married couple, 1 child with mortgage would be entitled to recieve for the SW and is there anyhelp other then just interest from the SW?

We would appreciate any help and advice you have!

Have a read of the sticky post at the top of this forum which will give you information on signing for Jobseekers Benefit /Allowance.

If you both qualify for JB (it's based on PRSI contributions), you will each be entitled to 204.30. There is an additional 26 euro paid for your child (paid as 13 euro to each of you if you're both claiming). If only one of you applies or qualifies for JB, the amount will be less than that.

You can apply for assistance towards your Mortgage from the Community Welfare Officer at the local health centre where you can also pick up an application for a medical card.

Back