Ulster Bank Redundancy Offers

Dont know about the amount but you will deffo get the money per child, it is from birth so maybe hold on until after June for the second lot.

Hi
I would love to take the redundancy but only if I thought I could get something part time
Most of my redundancy should be based on my full time salary for 2.5 years of €36k & 0.5 years at partime salary of €22k !

Would it really pay to accept redundancy as you only have 2.5 yrs service and you are currently on 22k p.a. ?

You want to leave a decent job ... to work in a shop ?

Would it really pay to accept redundancy as you only have 2.5 yrs service and you are currently on 22k p.a. ?

You want to leave a decent job ... to work in a shop ?

Yeah, I have to agree to be honest, theres no way Id take the redundancy after just 3 years to work part time unless you really dont like your job. It might sound like a hefty sum now but believe me, it will whittle away very quickly. You have to think long term.

I would recommend anyone in UB/FA to hang on to those jobs for dear life. There are practically no jobs in financial services, and there are a huge amount of people out there already looking for whatever scraps are available. When there are any further mergers, banking and financial services will be a closed shop for the forseeable future. You have a future, hang on to it no matter how big the carrot is. You can't put a price on a regular monthly income.

Again thanks guys, a lot of differing ideas. He is on about 35,000 at the moment, I never thought of him claiming UB...I think the pros are looking better than the cons at the moment! I'll keep you posted as to what he decides.

You can also transfer UB abroad for up to 3 months to look for a job in another European country.

Hi everyone,

Bit of advice needed please. My Brother-in-law has worked in Ulster Bank for the last 4 years, . If he takes the package offered he will receive about 26,000 Euro.

Can you tell me what the package was, 6 weeks per year etc ...

"I have worked in banking all my life and I have seen it all. I would not listen to the IBOA either. All mouth in my opinion and very little else. "

I would suggest that if you have worked in banking all your life you enjoy some of the best Ts and Cs in the private sector. Do you think you that without the IBOA this would be the case?. It is also the same IBOA that has brokered the rather attractive voluntary redundancy deal now on offer at Ulster Bank.

Can you tell me what the package was, 6 weeks per year etc ...

Basic details are as follows

2 options, one is 8 weeks per completed year of service capped at 2.5 years salary
2nd one is 7.25 weeks per completed year of service capped at 3 years salary + grants of I think around €6.5k for every dependent child

I think that includes any statutory entitlements

Hi Chocobelle,
I am looking for some advice from an ex employee of Ulster Bank.
What was the redundancy package, did you get a certificate of redundancy and how did they calculate, breakdown the package?
I would be so very grateful if you could get back to me as soon as possible.It's very urgent.
Thank you.

Back