Ulster Bank fixed rate operational failure on my mortgage

MichaelC

Hi, I’m hoping that someone might have a copy of an Ulster Bank mortgage options letter from January 2008 and August 2008 (including tracker all-in rate and tracker margin above ECB). I have raised a complaint with Ulster Bank in relation to an operational failure on my mortgage loan account where they extended the maturity date of my 1 year fixed term by 8 months in 2008, as I believe that the rates that would have been on the earlier offer letter had I matured correctly would have been better than the ones I was given in August, and as such I’ve been on the wrong mortgage journey since this time. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks

Can you not request the letter from UB? Were all their option letters the same.

I've asked Ulster Bank to send me the options letter for both dates as the operational failure letter I got in August 2008 didn't include any rates only product types (tracker for life, variable and fixed) and I had to phone them to get the rates and repayment amounts. As ECB moved during the time frame when they extended my fixed rate in error I believe that had I received the options letter on the correct maturity date (Jan 2008) the rates would have been lower.

I'm just spotting this now as I search for customers with similar issues to me. @MichaelC you should request a copy of your overall mortgage statement - this will show exactly when your fixed term commenced and ended.

I have a copy of mine and the fixed term does not reflect the 3 year fixed term I entered into and runs on for a further 3 months. Still waiting on the March update letter from Ulster Bank because there is literally nothing I can do until they come back to me with their calculations.

Hi, thanks for your comment. I'll request my statement from Ulster Bank. I've sent them a copy of their operational failure letter from Aug 2008 as they couldn't find a copy of it on my file and now I'm waiting for a response to their 10 day hold letter based on this new information they now have from me.

Back