UK fuel allowance

partnership

Atticle in Indo today talks about people on UK pensions being able to clsim fuel alowance even if they live in another EU country. Hsve looked for me info but cant seem to see anything definitive on it and deadline is 31 march. Can an irish person getting a uk pension apply for this even if getting irish pension.

I saw this today and contacted them by phone, I am entitled to it
I would fax the form WFP3 because the Easter holidays will make you miss the deadline, I am doing this tomorrow. Fax No. is 0044 191 2183201 or 0044 191 2183326 or 0044 191 2183864.

Roker are you Irish or English and do you get Irish pension and fuel with them. Will ring tomorrow anyway

I'm here like a lunatic trying to fill out a form for my Mother - they better make an allowance for forms arriving late due to the Easter Bank Holiday.

Yes, I reminded you all in my post 13/03 that the deadline for receipt of applications was looming.

If in doubt always apply.

Rang them today. Has to be in today as last day of working. Can fax or can scan and email. You may be entitled to some back years think it is 97/98 and 99/2000 only if you qualified at that time. Need to let them know you are claiming both.

Did they provide an email address?

On the back payments, that is a separate form and the eligibility rules seem to be different in that you must have been living in Great Britain or Northern Ireland rather than an EEA country.

Thanks
S.

Would this line not exclude most people?

"If you have received or would have been eligible for a Winter Fuel Payment in the UK before moving to one of these countries you may be able to continue receiving it."

My mother has a tiny UK state pension, like a couple of quid a month, is there a minimum level of pension you must be in receipt of before you can get the allowance?

I've posted it away today - i e-mailed them last week but so far they have not replied. From 8th April my Mother will get £34.09 weekly benefit - I also wonder is this enough to get the fuel allowance but they don't say on website.

Very badly handled the whole thing but then they got brought to the courts in the first place.

Seems to imply you must also send your original birth cert with the application. It also asks whether you were living, or normally live, in the UK in a certain week in September, how does this equate with people living elsewhere in the EEA/Switzerland?

Dept of Social Protection states that if you get a UK fuel allowance payment it may affect you Irish entitlement. I presume they mean that they can reduce your Irish rate of Fuel Allowance in certain circumstances??

Anyone else have an email address. Tried the one above and the one I was given and both bounced back delivery failed. The fax numbers did not work either. Submitted query on their website but the office is closed so it is unlikely to be answered until next week.

Dept of Social Protection states that if you get a UK fuel allowance payment it may affect you Irish entitlement. I presume they mean that they can reduce your Irish rate of Fuel Allowance in certain circumstances??

We need to look further into that, otherwise there is no point in the hassle of applying, I thought the EEC sorted it all out

Back