Turning house into complementary centre

• Thread starter Caroline4262
  • Start date
C

Caroline4262

I have a 5 bedroomed bungalow on an acres of land with extensive parking in Co Clare.

It has been on the market for 10 months and not sold as yet. I travel there every 6 weeks and do a two day clinic.

I am now investigating taking the house off the market and turning it into a full time centre for complementary therapies.

Can anyone tell me how to start on this project, changing use from residential to business and where to advertised the centre to therapists for renting?

Many thanks

I have no idea what complementary therapies are, but talk to your county council to see if any special planning permission is needed. Then call your insurance company. This may be enough to put you off the idea. :)

Is there such a thing as a directory of holistic practioners/or whatever sector you are thinking of? Do they have monthly newsletters/magazines that you could place an advertisement in?

If so it might be a good source for people who may be interested in using the property.

I have no idea what complementary therapies are, but talk to your county council to see if any special planning permission is needed. Then call your insurance company. This may be enough to put you off the idea. :)

Complementary therapies are Craniosacral therapy, reflexology, yoga, reiki etc so the house would make an ideal location for setting up a holistic clinic. I will take the advice and look at networks and associations and make some queries
Many thanks

Caroline, I think you need to determine what your business objectives are.

In other words do you see your self in the alternative medicine market or do you see your self in the property investment market.

Im moving this to the askaboutbusiness section from Property Investment.

aj

Ive split off a general discussion relating to "alternative medicine" to LOS. There is no evidence that complementary medicine works

We can keep this thread to discuss the business decision faced by Caroline.

Back