trump for president good/bad for ireland

Clinton actually won the popular vote as did Al Bore in 2000.

Bit of a crazy system, in fact you would almost agree with Trump that it is rigged. An honourable man would concede to the moral winner or at least call for a re-run;)
This has occurred regularly in the Uk with the tories winning power. Bill Clinton and Obama eere in power long enough to change the system but did nothing. Too late to be whinging now

Vanessa that is not a correct comparison. No party in UK in recent times has won power without also winning the popular vote. Of course no party has achieved more than 50% of the vote but that's a different thing.

S.L.F. are you trolling or does that F stand for Farage? Nigel strongly defended The Donald saying it was no less than what he expected from an alpha male. WTF is an "alpha" male?

No I wasn't trolling.

"F" is for "Fingers"

Trump ,

He won,t win and is but a manifestation of the worst of the old (Tea Party) Sarah Palin spouting , that Republicans should have challenged after Obama won the first term. .
He looks now like a train wreck about to crash straight into the Republican Party !
Will be interesting to see how the Republican Party regroup.

Methinks they (republicans) have nestled a cuckoo!

Republicans now control the entire government and I am delighted that it has happened.

Clinton actually won the popular vote as did Al Bore in 2000.

Bit of a crazy system, in fact you would almost agree with Trump that it is rigged. An honourable man would concede to the moral winner or at least call for a re-run;)

The USA is divided into States and counties, all of these have a say in who gets to be the President.

The decision is by the numbers of States and counties.

Trump won fair and square.

Just a side point regarding votes, more White women voted for Trump than they did for Clinton.

I'm sure an honourable man would take that into account and see that their votes are not wasted.

Trump won fair and square.
Fingers there are hopeful signs that he won it far from F&S. His victory speech could be paraphrased as saying "I was only joking, folks". Before this clarification the Japanese stock market fell 900 points. After it, it gained 1100 points.

I think we can be fairly sure that:
He won't get Mexico to pay for that wall
He won't prosecute crooked Hillary
He won't ban Muslims entering US
He won't abandon NATO
He won't tear up NAFTA

Last edited:
Fingers there are hopeful signs that he won it far from F&S. His victory speech could be paraphrased as saying "I was only joking". Before this clarification the Japanese stock market fell 900 points. After it, it gained 1100 points.

I think we can be fairly sure that:
He won't get Mexico to pay for that wall
He won't prosecute crooked Hillary
He won't ban Muslims entering US
He won't abandon NATO
He won't tear up NAFTA

All I can say is you were pretty sure he wouldn't win but he did exactly that.

The best thing about all this is media once again shown to be completely out of touch with what is going on in the real world.

There was a time when they spoke to people on the streets before they came to their conclusions whereas now they see the world through their bias and write the 'facts' to suit their agenda.

now they see the world through their bias and write the 'facts' to suit their agenda.
For a long time now. Although I'm not really following it the media seem to be trying hard to hype up the protestations of millennials put out by not getting what they want. I expect they'll soon get bored and go back to their frappuccinos :).

The best thing about all this is media once again shown to be completely out of touch with what is going on in the real world.
Once again Fingers? Yes this is the third occasion on which the polls and the bookies got it wrong following on the UK GE of 2015 and Brexit. But the British media (Murdoch) hugely backed and IMHO had a very significant impact in those two results.

For a long time now. Although I'm not really following it the media seem to be trying hard to hype up the protestations of millennials put out by not getting what they want. I expect they'll soon get bored and go back to their frappuccinos :).

Practically all of them are Left leaning so their bias was very much pro-Clinton.

The biggest age group to choose Clinton was 18-24 it just shows thst education needs to be upgraded so children learn critical thinking and not take notice of what media tells them.

This is a world exclusive for AAM. I was able to hack into the Teashop's 10 min conversation with The Donald.

TD: hi who am I talking to?
Henda: The Taiosheach of all Ireland
TD: Teashop wow that is enterprising, you knew I was a Tea Totaller
H: Just to let you know how absolutely delighted we all are with your success
TD: That's not what Michael Martin seems to think
H: MM is a bad hombre, hey Melanie is a nice piece of stuff
TD: You like to grab her by the *****
H: Steady on, you know we are a Catholic country
TD: Then what's all this gay marriage crap?
H: We're against abortion
TD: What? I'm all for it
H: I thought...
TD: Oh yes I changed my mind, forgot that

There's more to follow but hey I want to maximise the commercial value of this explosive recording.

Last edited:
The polls are often wrong

While I have always been slightly dubious about the Mathematics of statistics, I think it is fair to say that correctly done polls cannot be wrong as such. Voters can certainly change their mind between the day of the opinion poll and the day of the election, but that is a different matter.

The reason pollsters misread public opinion is simple, they do polling on the cheap.

The media wants new polls all the time, and polls are expensive.

To do a poll properly requires a random sample, of adequate size from the entire population. Very expensive. What actually happens is that polling companies construct stratified samples based on what they think are likely voting patterns. Much cheaper.

For example if 10% of the electorate are aged between 18 and 24 but pollsters expect less young people to vote they may include only 8% of 18 to 24 years olds in their poll, and they are not too fussy about which 18 to 24 year olds they poll.

The polling companies have proprietary models that allow then to construct these stratified samples, this also allows one pollster to claim that they are better than others. Recent elections suggest that these models are very poorly constructed.

I would have thought that the failure of polling is down to the ever increasing creep of 'PC' into our world. People simply are ashamed to say,over the phone or face to face, who'd thy vote for. Even to a stranger.
It's not 'cool' to be Trump supporter or to want Brexit, or even to want to vote for FF last time out. The media bias is now so strong, people are embarrassed to talk openly. And we now see how this pans out....

Last edited:
That is only the pollsters making excuses for their failings. I don't think Trump supporters or Brexit voters are exactly shrinking violets

A wall, with fences.
Deport 2 or 3 million illegals (Obama deported 2 million)
He doesn't want to hurt the Clintons ("They are good people").

The real The Donald is now in the building.

S.L.F
You are delighted Republicans control the USA .
I have nil issue on whether Republicans or Democrats control (I don,t know enough) but I am genuinely concerned about Mr Trump.
You said {Trump won , fair & square} . I don,t agree , his speeches / threats/promises had little fair or square about them.
People let him off the hook by using the lame excuse , that it was mostly election chatter he was at .
I don,t buy that either , how many of us should tolerate , never mind vote for or even entertain someone who verbally was openly offensive.
What if he acts on his verbal threats ? He can rightly claim USA voted for his views ?

Doesn,t say much for Clinton or the state of USA that Trump succeeded .

I do put my faith in the Republican controlled Senate and Congress to rein in Mr Trump .
Maybe he will surprise us , but I don,t think hoping that the President of USA will be sensible is an appealing 4 year prospect !

I thought Trump promised an extra £350m a week to the NHS in the UK? What's happened to that?

Back