trump for president good/bad for ireland

Will we see a kickback from shareholders If companies start pulling back Jobs to USA .Are we seeing the start of something new from The squeezed middle who are not extreme left or right wing people,

I see Hillary's lead in the popular vote is heading towards 2% (BTW why are they still counting?), to the point where it is hurting The Donald's weaning narcissism, he is claiming that he won the popular vote if you discount the millions of illegal votes for Hillary.

I think we can now state that the opinion polls did not get it wrong in any statistical sense, at least at the national level. If we were told for sure that Hillary would get a 2% lead in the popular vote The Donald would have been a huge price with the bookies. It is testimony to some very shrewd manipulation of the electoral college system that he won.

What manipulation?

There is a long history of gerrymandering in the US at congressional and state level. In terms of the electoral college, the numbers per state are based on the numbers of congressmen and senators in each state and are recalculated every 10 years. It would be hard to manipulate the numbers in the electoral college without a party running the risk of loosing congressional seats but there is no doubt that there are some seriously weird districts

Having said that though, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened in the democratic primaries if Hilary had not had most of the super-delegates on her side, would Sanders have got closer or beaten her?"

I remember trump saying a few weeks before he won the republican party did not know how to win, Trump managed to disarm his crictics by appearing to agree with them .

Last edited by a moderator:
The meltdown of the snowflakes over Trump's immigration policy is a joy to behold.It's not as though he wasn't elected on exactly what he said he was going to do.
FWIW, 325,000 people entered the USA on Saturday and only 109 were detained for further vetting and the majority of those were allowed entry.
If only the liberals would be so keen to protest at all those countries denying entry to Israelis.
The cant and hypocrisy is unbelievable.

I don,t see joy in Mr Trump doing what he said he would do , unless in so doing he really puts America 1st.
I think he is (bulling) in and sees what flack comes out . The wall policy is divisive and non productive, cherry picking on immigration is irksome and loses goodwill, scrapping trade agreements without proper reasoning loses trust.,

Wahaay , your presentation on {cant and hypocrisy} is a cheap shot and suggests you are using your view of liberals not protesting as an excuse for Mr Trumps activities.
You may well have a good argument but even if you have, it wouldn,t justify anyone else acting poorly as it appears Mr Trump is doing.

Perhaps Ireland has more in common with President Trump than we believe? President Trump was widely condemned this week for not explicitly mentioning Jews in his Holocaust Memorial Day statement http://cvcworldnews.blogspot.ie/2017/01/donald-trump-does-not-mention-jews-in.html. Our own President, Michael D Higgins also neglected to mention Jews in his similar statement http://hetireland.org/statement-president-michael-d-higgins-mark-holocaust-memorial-day/. Are we surprised?
We have a long tradition of antisemitism from our left wing politicians. This is hardly news, particularly from Michael D.

The meltdown of the snowflakes over Trump's immigration policy is a joy to behold.It's not as though he wasn't elected on exactly what he said he was going to do.
FWIW, 325,000 people entered the USA on Saturday and only 109 were detained for further vetting and the majority of those were allowed entry.
If only the liberals would be so keen to protest at all those countries denying entry to Israelis.
The cant and hypocrisy is unbelievable.
While I agree completely that we are hypocrites when i comes to Israel please tell me you are not comfortable with the racist undertones of much of Trump's rhetoric and policies.

While I agree completely that we are hypocrites when i comes to Israel please tell me you are not comfortable with the racist undertones of much of Trump's rhetoric and policies.

Go on then tell us why we are hypocrites when it comes to Israel. Perhaps in a new thread. My blood pressure is good at the moment, I think I can cope.

Go on then tell us why we are hypocrites when it comes to Israel. Perhaps in a new thread. My blood pressure is good at the moment, I think I can cope.
We've had loads of threads on the issue. The Labour Party LGBT group marching against Israel while waving Hamas flags is the example that springs to mind. It would be like Civil Rights marchers in Northern Ireland waving Klu Klux Klan flags. Actually no, it's far worse than that.

What are the examples of these racist undertones ?

Back