Other Travel INSURANCE

C

Carmel C. OB

JUST COVER will not honour claim re bag stolen at Reus Airport. Has anybody else had similar experience with this company?

We just disCOVERED that Just Cover - doesn't cover v. much. We left a bag on our flight out - and were advised that all items left on plane would be returned to Dublin, went to Servisair - they said they didn't get anything from our flight. PUt in a claim... which took me about a week to organise with all the information they required... only to be sent a 1 pager with 1 line - clause 1.2.3.4.. whatever - does not cover the loss, theft or damage to x, y or z)...

I did look at the policy in relation to cover abroad for sickness, delays, cancellation etc.. however, contents of luggage - I didn't in detail.. I just assumed standard items brought on hols would be covered ... They aren't! Make sure you check the list of ITEMS NOT COVERED IF STOLEN, LOST, DAMAGED...

Thanks for that. Good to know I'm not alone. Surely they can't get away with this. Just check their feedback. It's all good. I've dared them to print my negative feedback. It will be interesting to see if it appears. I'm going further ie Financial Ombudsman and media etc.

Unfortunately - the policy states these items are not covered. Its like anything - until the item is lost, stolen etc - you don't know what you will need cover for until its too late...

It does seem unacceptable that standard items you would expect to find in a holiday makers bag are not covered. Its just another thing to note.. hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I am 75 and, consequently, have a problem in getting travel insurance. Blue Insurances offer a seemingly good deal on multi-trip insurance provided one has private health insurance. Does anyone know of any hidden snags or are there alternatives?

I am 75 and, consequently, have a problem in getting travel insurance. Blue Insurances offer a seemingly good deal on multi-trip insurance provided one has private health insurance. Does anyone know of any hidden snags or are there alternatives?

Hi Sean,

This key post is a bit dated but might be worth a read.

If you run the search option in both this forum and the travel one you should find further threads on this subject.

Back