Motor Transferring insurance

DavyJones

I have a few vans, they all have open driver insurance. A friend of mine drives a commercial jeep that has broken down. he has asked if he can borrow a van from me. which is fine.

Can he transfer his own insurance to one of my vans while he has it?. Since he doesn't work for me I would prefer if he drove it on his own insurance. Would I have to do anything about the insurance already on it?

I have a few vans, they all have open driver insurance. A friend of mine drives a commercial jeep that has broken down. he has asked if he can borrow a van from me. which is fine.

Can he transfer his own insurance to one of my vans while he has it?. Since he doesn't work for me I would prefer if he drove it on his own insurance. Would I have to do anything about the insurance already on it?

Nope. Should be ok to just ring his company and do it.

As per Poty. After my car was stolen, I tried moving my insurance on to my mothers car (as my wife was named driver on my policy). As the car was already insured my insurance company would not cover it.

Most insurance companies wont ask who owns and even if they did it shouldnt make a difference whether its insured or not already! If you get a from a rental company, its insured and you can still insure it on your own policy!

Peteb +1

The only reason the insurance company may not want to move the insurance to an isured vehicle is to limit there liability.

Back