Transfer of pension from UK civil service to Irish Civil Service?

LouthLass

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction with this query? I worked for 6 years in the UK civil service and paid towards a pension there. I just returned to Ireland and am now working in the Irish civil service. I did enquiry with HR if a transfer was possible but was advised there was no agreement in place to facilitate this. However, some people have since told me it is possible so I am a bit confused. It would have been ideal if I could transfer over my 6 years service as this is the amount of years that I am short and have now set up AVC to bring up the shortfall.

Any help or guidance on this confusing matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction with this query? I worked for 6 years in the UK civil service and paid towards a pension there. I just returned to Ireland and am now working in the Irish civil service. I did enquiry with HR if a transfer was possible but was advised there was no agreement in place to facilitate this. However, some people have since told me it is possible so I am a bit confused. It would have been ideal if I could transfer over my 6 years service as this is the amount of years that I am short and have now set up AVC to bring up the shortfall.

Any help or guidance on this confusing matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

you cant transfer service directly what some do is take a cash value from the uk and buy notional service here.
overall its poor value for money. your are better off leaving your yrs in the uk.

mula

Thanks Mula, your right about the poor value if I transfer the cash over, I think I will take your advice and leave it where it is.

Many thanks, much appreciated.

Back