Transaction Dispute

3blondes

Hi

I was recently charged twice for an order by a UK company.

They are insisting that I was not charged twice and that the transaction I am talking about was a pre-authorised amount and not an actual debit, even though I have sent them on copies of my bank statement.

I have just opened a dispute with the card services department of my bank. Will this mean the money will be refunded to me or can the company just keep denying it?

If you paid by credit card you may have grounds for a chargeback via your bank. That would mean the funds for the first charge would be refunded to you and it would be up to the UK company to prove to your bank that they are entitled to the payment

I paid by Mastercard Debit. Hopefully I can get it back, so annoying. I was charged a Non Euro Point of Sales Fee on both transactions. The company say I would only be charged this fee when the money physically leaves my account so to me this should be enough to prove that they have taken it twice. They are still insisting it was just a pre-authorised amount :mad: Will wait and see what my bank say, surely the fact that they are disputing the charge for me means that it left my account!

Back