Trading in England,based in Ireland

B

brazz

Hi Folk's
Looking for some guidance in relation to a web based business supplying products/services to people living in the UK.

I'm trying to figure out what are the legal requirements and tax implication involved, like do I need to set up a bank account in the UK, do I need to register vat, do I need an address in the UK, and do I need to set a company up over there etc etc.

I did ask my accountant, but I'm more confused after I left him.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

rgd's

I know if a company has it's registered office in Britain and is trading in the republic of Ireland, that company must register as a branch in the cro. They must also appoint someone who is resident in Ireland to 'accept service of process,' i.e. be the company's representative in Ireland. They also have the same tax obligations as an Irish company.

This link might be of some use:

[broken link removed]

Assuming you are an irish company selling to the UK, if you are supplying UK businesses you get their VAT number off them and do not charge the vat, if you are supplying joe public in the UK then you must charge irish vat @ 21%. To accept payments by uk cheque you can open a foreign currency account with an irish bank that will process UK cheques (you can lodge UK cheques directly to your euro account but i find having a STG account they clear quicker), if you are getting paid by CC then it isnt an issue

Back