Tracker with AIB

Maria1916

hi looking for advice. I took out a tracker mortgage with AIB in 2003. A few years later we were advised by AIB to fix our tracker for 5 years. We took their advice and signed up to the fixed term. But shortly after somebody I knew in Aib rang me and told me to get out of the fixed rate asap and there was a deadline in which I could. So I penned a letter looking to be released from the fix rate which I was. However I was not allowed to return to the tracked rate which I had I initially taken out. Instead I was put on a variable rate. I'm just wondering have I any grounds for reimbursement based on what was released in the news today? Any info appreciated

Maria, based on my experience with the PTSB redress scheme, you'd be best off just sitting back and watching for the minute. If you are affected, you will be contacted. It is very frustrating waiting to hear the outcome of all of this. Sit tight and hope for the best.

Hope it pans out well for you.

Maria, based on my experience with the PTSB redress scheme, you'd be best off just sitting back and watching for the minute. If you are affected, you will be contacted. It is very frustrating waiting to hear the outcome of all of this. Sit tight and hope for the best.

Hope it pans out well for you.

Back