To book on UK holiday site in Sterling instead of .ie site to save money

bmount

Trying to book a holiday for September.
The holiday has 2 sites one Irish (.ie) and Uk (.co.uk).

As I see it there is savings for a family of 4 of no less than €600
for us (it seems post-brexit with weak sterling ?) if I can book using this.

The only thing the UK site asks of ntoe for me as an Irish resident, is a UK address and phone number (fixed must be a +44 number), I can get these no problem people in London etc. The tickets would be e-tickets on email.

Other than my Visa credit card being Irish when paying, is there ANYTHING to stop me booking this ? I obviously didn't want to try clicking Pay yet.

thanks if there are any thoughts out there on this.

Many businesses check that the card address matches the holders contact address you supply, so it may be blocked at that point.

good point Leo thanks.
At first "rehearsal" on the UK site, it doesn't ask for my address on the CC/Visa payment screen but thats not to say it cant check the address on the card using the details entered (#,expiry etc.) versus
the address entered on the initial booking screen.

I suppose if it fails it fails. There is nothing in the terms and conditions (that you accept by ticking) about this at all.

I booked a hire car through Europcar.fr last year and no problems. Just kept French/English dictionary close.
Have also booked flights on Ryanair from Birmingham to Ireland return in Sterling for my daughter and paid with "Irish" credit card.

Also suggest changing both addresses to the Parcel Motel address? Not something I tried myselfbut would probably fail any step requiring human rather than computer monitoring.

yes excellent many thanks Rob Oyle,
Parcel Motel UK address very good for other uses as well (any uk site that doesnt deliver goods to ireland at uk stg prices, this is very useful for amazon as well)

Also trying Sonotel for 2 euro per month for a +44 UK number that will forward to your Irish mobile phone.
And then I will cancel that sonotel +44 number when I don't need it.

Also suggest changing both addresses to the Parcel Motel address? Not something I tried myselfbut would probably fail any step requiring human rather than computer monitoring.

Some of the automated verification checks the card address entered with that on record with your card issuer.

Ive done this many time with us companies and UK companies.
I find that if they refuse and ask you to go to the more expensive Irish ripoff site you just ask to speak to a manager stating that you have €1000 hear waiting to give someone for a holiday. That you have many choices and you are offering them that money now in return for the sevrvice. Do they want it or should you try the next company.
Dont forget to mention that should they refuse you will be sending an email to their company head saying that person x refused your €1000 and now you have spent it elsewhere. Do they really want to be the person who refused €1000 when their boss finds out.
They then take your credit card and details over the phone and you are done.

Back