Home timberframe need to lower premium cost

Monsoon

Hi

All help appreciated please?
Im negotiating renewal of my home insurance on a timber frame house which is brick on outside and plaster dashed etc with normal roadstone tiles on roof etc. Size is around 175sq metres and is 8 year old house.

1) Does anyone know how to calculate the rebuild cost of timberframe - when house was built timberframe was cheaper at the time - cost of rebuild using rates of Feb 2010 is just under 300,000 but would timber frame be different?

2) How do I know if I have five lever deadlocks - Munster Joinery supplied doors and locks but no markings on them.

3) I do have a house alarm - unmonitored - wired to all windows doors etc but i dont have any certificate so I dont know what spec it is - builder is no longer in business and out of the country - could I get someone in to look over the alarm re certify it - touch wood its always been reliable?

My renewal is just under 600 euro for 360K rebuild, 75K contents and 1K Specified all risks - Im thinking of changing to 300K rebuild, 30K contents and 700euro all risks (laptop) but not sure if Im cutting it too fine.

Any advice really appreciated as like you all Im really finding the pennys need to be counted now.

Back