The Big Switch- anyone been switched yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for what :) Your wan of the TV to call around and flip switch the Big switch at the side of your house ;)

I switched on the day it was announced. I recieved a letter from ESB last week saying I was being switched and my final bill prepaired. I recieved my final bill on Friday. Yet to get my 1st Bord Gais electicty bill.... i dont mind waiting :)

I switched a month ago and I am still waiting!!

Waiting for your final bill from the ESB I presume and your first bill from Bord Gais.

You could be waiting for some time yet. Bord Gais have a huge backlog of applications and they are finding it difficult to cope with the demand.

It means that when your application is finally processed you could be getting a first bill from Bord Gais covering much more than the usual two months.

This will all end in tears for a lot of people.

Regards,

Fnergg

You could be waiting for some time yet. Bord Gais have a huge backlog of applications and they are finding it difficult to cope with the demand.

It means that when your application is finally processed you could be getting a first bill from Bord Gais covering much more than the usual two months.

Regards,

Fnergg

Maybe the overpaid & under-worked ESB staff (if Bord Gáis are that snowed under with electricity applications, ESB must be heading in the opposite direction!) could help in Bord Gáis out for a while ;)

Waiting for your final bill from the ESB I presume and your first bill from Bord Gais.

Regards,

Fnergg

Guy from Bord Gais just on Matt Cooper Show and said that if you phone or email in your current meter reading it will speed things up.

I am going to do that now cos I have heard nothing from them since I registered (other than the standard "we received your application" email that everyone got).

I got an email from Bord Gais about 2 weeks ago telling me that it could take up to 60 days to make the switch (I couldn't send them a reading as I didn't have a meter key at the time...but they sent me one of those on request!). Got an ESB bill the same week I switched, so presume I'll have to wait until the end of the next 2 month cycle.

They wouldn't take my meter reading 3 weeks ago when I rang as they had too much of a backlog..............

Guy from Bord Gais just on Matt Cooper Show and said that if you phone or email in your current meter reading it will speed things up.

If you don't supply a reading Bord Gais will have to wait for the next actual reading from ESB Networks. ESB Networks only read meters 4 times a year so your next two-monthly reading could be a scheduled estimated read. In which case Bord Gais will have to wait for another two months. And if that reading is also estimated due to non-access there could be a further two months wait!

I think most customers will already have provided their own readings to Bord Gais. What is really happening is that Bord Gais have a huge backlog and they are finding it very difficult to cope. They have been the victims of their own (excellent) marketing campaign - they do not have enough staff on the ground to process the applications that have flowed into them.

Regards,

Fnergg

I supplied Bord Gais with a reading... hence I got a final bill from ESB... All future units to be charged by Bord Gais.... I (cough).... under estimated my reading by a few hundred units as my previous ESB bill was underestimated so it didnt look mad... So the next units reading will be high... but at discounted unit rate :)..

I switched on 25th Feb and supplied BG with a meter reading. So far I have received the standard "we received your application blah blah", email, followed a few days later by an e-mail telling me that it could take up to 60 days.

Nothing since from either ESB or BG.

So far I have received the standard "we received your application blah blah", email, followed a few days later by an e-mail telling me that it could take up to 60 days.
quote]

I recieved my Final ESB bill 3 days after that letter to me.... When I first saw 60 days I thought it mad. But suppose thats worse case....

OK, I switched a while agon,, but I have received no email :(

I did ercieve an ESB bill for only 5 weeks, so I assume that was my final bill off those guys, I can't remember, but do they mention that it's your final bill on the..er...bill?

Switched about a month and a half ago and so far, have only gotten a letter to say that there was a huge backlog and that they would be in touch soon?

OK, I switched a while agon,, but I have received no email :(

I did ercieve an ESB bill for only 5 weeks, so I assume that was my final bill off those guys, I can't remember, but do they mention that it's your final bill on the..er...bill?

Yes. It will be clearly marked Final Bill.

Regards,

Fnergg

Hi, just a quick question - we have nightsaver rate with ESB so presume this won't cause a problem when switching. It doesn't mention it on An Bord Gais website and it takes ages to get through to them. Thanks.

This is not a problem in the literature they show how to take the readings from the dual day and night meter.

Just take a note of both current readings.

Seems like it's more trouble than it's worth to make the big switch. all that hassle for 10% less.....I think not.

Not sure that it is hassle as it is a simple on line form to fill in and you wait. Rather I would call it a delay and they did warn that the switch could take 60 days. I am presuming that the changeover will be at the reading that I gave them so even if there is a delay I will still get the benefit of in my case a 14% saving.

One thing I cannot see any information on is as to whether they will allow a budget plan arranagement as the ESB offer (and Bord Gais do on the gas bill) where they average your bill out to a montly payment all year round. Does anyone know if Bord Gais are offering this for the electricity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back